Ever wanted to make a simple timer that ranged from 5 minues to whatever you wanted? It's actually fairly simple! In this tutorial I walk you through every step of the way and have a video to show you it in more detail.
You can make this timer anywhere from 5 Minutes to 150 minutes and beyond, you can make it as large or as small as you would like as long as it is a 5 minute interval.
The science of this is that an item despawns after 5 minutes and therein lies our circuit concept.
The step by step format is right below this video so stay tuned!
Step 1 GETTING YOUR ITEMS READY
The very first thing you need to do is get your blocks ready. You will need 4 types of blocks for this creation. If you are making this in survival, each 5 minute timer will require
- 3 blocks of your choice
- A dispenser
- 1 Redstone Torch
- 1 Wooden Pressure plate- Please note that stone pressure plates do not register item pressure.
- 576 items of your choice (9 stacks of 64) for the dispenser. Cobble is likely the most available resource for this.
Step 2 THE BASIC FRAME
The very first thing you need to do is place your blocks in the manner shown above. This will make more sense later. That block on the top is our dispenser and underneath is simply white wool, which was my block of choice.
This is our basic frame and it does not get much more complex than this!
Step 3 FINAL CONSTRUCTION
In this step, you place your pressure plate and torch as shown, we are mostly finished at this stage. The last block to place you need to place on top of the pressure plate (as you can't build 'on' a furnace.
Step 4 FILLING THE DISPENSER
You will now place your 576 items (9 stacks) into the dispenser. This will allow for maximum use and give you 576 uses before it needs to be refilled.
Step 5 ANY ADDITIONAL TIMERS (times over 5 minutes)
Simply put, this design is made to be tile-able. The images below will be simple enough to understand, if further information is required, let me know!
You can essentially add as many as you want to get whatever length you want and to make it even better, it's easy to do!
There was a guy who checked out my design, who devised a method to make it turn, here is his gallery regarding this process
Hope you have found this useful!
Subscribe for more videos and tips from me! :)
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades